Guest: Anna Braunizer, Occupational Therapist, MScOTGuest: Emily Polovick-Moulds, MOT, OTR/L
- Anna and Emily are Team Leaders at Beyond COVID
- Contact them: email@example.com
Topics we Uncorked:
- Beyond COVID
- Occupation Disruption due to COVID
- How can occupational therapists and scientists apply our theory and practice to influence global wellbeing?
- Coping with changes to daily routine
- Anna mentioned having a dance party to Mamma Mia and I thought that sounded like a great idea! So here’s the link to the soundtrack because You can dance, you can jive, having the time of your life.. ENJOY!!
- Interrupted holidays and other milestones that orient us to time
- “FUN” FACT: Emily and I were both COVID Brides
- Are we adjusting to a new normal?
- Love this quote Emily shared from poet and activist Sonya Renee Taylor: ““We will not go back to normal. Normal never was. Our pre-corona existence was not normal other than we normalized greed, inequity, exhaustion, depletion, extraction, disconnection, confusion, rage, hoarding, hate and lack. we should not long to return my friends. we are being given the opportunity to stitch a new garment. One that fits all of humanity and nature. What we have been forced to leave behind we needed to leave behind. what is getting us through is what we will need to take forward, all the rest is up to us. DREAM. While we have so much time. DREAM of the life you want. DREAM of the world you desire to exist in. look for the places in your new dreams that have parts of the old world and remove them. what is the dream then? from there we can add to the collective weaving of whatever it is that is next. if we are gonna heal, let it be glorious.”
- Research articles and theories we mentioned
- Occupational science: A renaissance of service to humankind through knowledge by Dr. Elizabeth J. Yerxa
- Reflections on Doing, Being, and Becoming by Ann A. Wilcox
- Forced social isolation due to COVID‐19 and consequent mental health problems: Lessons from hikikomori by Takahiro A. Kato, MD, PhD, Norman Sartorius, MD, PhD, and Naotaka Shinfuku, MD, PhD
- Self-Compassion: What it is, what it does, and how it relates to mindfulness by Kristin Neff andKatie Dahn
A special thank you to Sarah from OT 4 Lyfe for helping me with a last minute editing issue! The community of OT podcasters is the best. Check out www.otpodcasts.com for a list of other great OT podcasts
Wine we Uncorked:
- Beringer Main & Vine Chardonnay
- Napa Valley, CA
- My take: reminds me of my pre-COVID trip to Napa! I sat on the porch of the old mansion on the Beringer vineyard with good friends, a glass of wine and a charcuterie board. It doesn’t get much better than that!
- Pros: dry, easy to drink, inexpensive
- Cons: very simple flavor profile
- Anna enjoyed a Rose from Mission Hill Vineyard
- British Columbia
- Her take: sweet, light, great to share with friends
- Emily enjoyed a Montepulciano from Italy
- Her take: earthy flavors, reminds her of her time spent in Italy
Join The OT Bookclub. Find us on Instagram: @TheOTBookclub
More from OT Uncorked: